Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I'm Back!

I kind of lost my gusto! My goal for last year was to keep a blog as a way of keeping a family journal. I did succeed! I was able to keep the blog going throughout the entire year and I was much better at photographing our memories. So at the beginning of the new year I made some goals... and I didn't include continuing with my blog.
I have occasionally thought that I should keep going, but nothing really strong enough to make me get started again and go back over the last 3 months that I have missed, until... Sunday night... Josh got out a gift I had given to him on Christmas just a couple of weeks before we got married. I made him a little book and recorded the stories of some of our firsts... First Date, First Kiss, and my Testimony. As I read the stories, I realized how much of the details I had forgotten and would be missing out on if I hadn't written it down. I can't believe that I haven't even read it again since I gave it to him over 8 years ago! So I decided that if I wanted to remember, and if I wanted the kids to remember, all we have done as a family... then I need to keep writing things down. So, I will be updating the past couple of months and then continuing! Hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Awesome! I'm excited to here what the Scott family is up to! I hope to jump back on the wagon after this baby....this pregnancy is killing me.

We sure miss you guys.

Suzanne Affleck said...

Cute pics! Keep up with the journaling, if you don't do it, no one else will. We love seeing what your family is up to.

Raunee said...

I'm glad you're back! I've missed seeing how your family is doing!

Maria Olsen said...

Welcome Back. It is hard keeping up with the blog, especially with little kiddos! I feel your pain & worry about remember life with your family.