We have a sister in our ward who is over Emergency Preparedness and she occasionally sends out emails when she can find great deals on food for food storage and stuff. Last week she sent out an email about a fresh fruit and vegetable co-op that delivers to various areas in Las Vegas. So I went on the website, bountifulbaskets.org and ordered a $15 basket of fresh fruits and vegetables. You don't get to choose what comes in your basket, in fact I didn't know what I was getting until I picked it up. But I was pleased with the produce I received and felt like I had gotten a ton of fresh produce for my $15. Anyways, amongst other things, we had 2 coconuts in our basket! I have never had fresh coconut before... so I had to google how to even open them! But here are the kids as we experiment with our first coconut! None of them liked it, though they all tried it. Not even Josh would drink the coconut water! So unless anyone has an amazing recipe for fresh coconut... they will just be a fun experiment!
Monday, June 14, 2010
Coconut
We have a sister in our ward who is over Emergency Preparedness and she occasionally sends out emails when she can find great deals on food for food storage and stuff. Last week she sent out an email about a fresh fruit and vegetable co-op that delivers to various areas in Las Vegas. So I went on the website, bountifulbaskets.org and ordered a $15 basket of fresh fruits and vegetables. You don't get to choose what comes in your basket, in fact I didn't know what I was getting until I picked it up. But I was pleased with the produce I received and felt like I had gotten a ton of fresh produce for my $15. Anyways, amongst other things, we had 2 coconuts in our basket! I have never had fresh coconut before... so I had to google how to even open them! But here are the kids as we experiment with our first coconut! None of them liked it, though they all tried it. Not even Josh would drink the coconut water! So unless anyone has an amazing recipe for fresh coconut... they will just be a fun experiment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love Coconut too!! They are so very cute.
I don't really care for fresh coconut! The suff in the bag tastes way better!
Post a Comment