Monday, June 14, 2010

Nap Time or Quiet Time?

Early afternoon is a sacred time in our house. Elizabeth varies between quiet time and nap time, Rachel and Jorgan always nap, and I always enjoy the peace and quiet! On this particular day we were well into quiet time. Jorgan and Rachel had been down for a while and I was beginning to prepare myself for quiet time to be over when I noticed strange sounds coming from Jorgan's room. It sounded like he was playing with toys, but I was pretty sure that he was too short to climb out of his crib and I know that I hadn't given him any toys in bed. So I quietly opened the door to his room and peeked in.



I couldn't believe that he was being so quiet! He was awake and playing and perfectly content to just lie there in his bed... until he heard the camera.

5 comments:

Emily and James said...

How funny! Sydney does the same thing, and sometimes I think she's asleep but she is just spending some quiet time that I guess she needed. Your kids are getting so big!

Maria Olsen said...

how cute. All of my kids have played quietly in the crib for a little while and then the screaming starts. But your picture is priceless!

Judy Anne said...

Sneaky little man!

Raunee said...

I love how little ones can find something to entertain themselves! It's when they get older when all you seem to hear is, "I'm bored." And nothing you suggest will make things better.

Janine Scott said...

Elizabeth is starting to say, "I'm bored". It's hard for me to understand how she can be so bored when she has so many "things", so sometimes I tell her she can choose between finding something fun to do or cleaning her room... She can usually find something to do pretty quick!